Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is v6.0 MP2 safe? I'm confused.

2006-05-25 05:32:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is v6.0 MP2 safe? I'm confused.
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:32:57 +0100
Cherly
Yes there are some horror stories over the latest MP's for 6.0 - also from
my point, they seem to be realeasing them quite quickly.

I have held off NBU 6, as we are very happy with MP2 for NBU 5.1 On Win2k3 -
never, ever had any major probelms, and do not have any real requirments to
move off this as yet.

My only guess is to backup your systems, take a bprecover and in all case,
try it. Failing that, you should be able to uninstall it (If I am wrong tell
me, but I thought Symantec now introduce an uninstall feature for any MP)

Thanks

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net