Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Retention Period Question

2006-05-16 09:14:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Retention Period Question
From: dlew97 AT gmail DOT com (DLew97)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:14:22 -0400
------=_Part_7824_3880970.1147785262043

Our corporate retention policy for data is 60days guaranteed.

How should I setup my retention periods?

Currently we run a FULL every 4 weeks and a Differential Incremental every
day.

I have 60 days set for the incremental and 90 days set for the full.  I am
not sure if this setting is correct.  I need to guarantee 60 days of data a=
all times.  I am afraid that the earlier FULL is needed to do a restoration
if the the file has not been picked up by the incrementals.

Any suggestions?

--=20
DLew97

------=_Part_7824_3880970.1147785262043

very day.</div>
bsp; I am not sure if this setting is correct.&nbsp; I need to guarantee 60=
 days of data at all times.&nbsp; I am afraid that the earlier FULL is need=