Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN backups

2006-05-16 08:00:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN backups
From: atif76 AT gmail DOT com (Atif Munir)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:00:51 +0500
Now this is the time we need to do something for our backups as the
time to take the backup of 2TB is about 12 hours as its over the LAN
and I am interested to shift it over the SAN bakcup.
What we have is listed below.
1- L100 with 5 LTO3 Drives attached to the veritas netbackup server via SCSI.
2- Backup server is not connected to the SAN. its over the lan and all
data travel's over the dedicated LAN.
3- Hosts are connected to the san via fiber and are there on the
dedicated LAN for backup purposes.

What I am thinking that we should have to plug a seperate hba on the
hosts and on the backup server and put them on one zone on the switch.
OR
we have to connect the library directly to the san switch?

Thanks and Regards,
atif