Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bpsched crashing

2006-05-15 09:03:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bpsched crashing
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:03:44 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6781F.FF450CBC

Nb 5.0 mp6 Solaris 9

We are having an on going issue with bpsched crashing/stopping. When
this happens all the jobs go 150. Sometimes it recovers and restarts the
jobs and other times we have to stop and start the services. Has any one
else had this issues and what you did to fix? We have a open ticket with
Symantec and they have recommend some tuning changes, which we have
done, but it still went down over the weekend. Symantec thinks it is a
resource issue. We have 8 gig of ram in the master server and it seems
to crash most often about 15 minutes in the main backup window. We would
have around 200 jobs running, with 800 queued. This has not been an
issue in the past. Any ideas?

Greg=20

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal, pr=
ofessional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the=
 addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the informat=
ion in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CE=
G-IP1

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6781F.FF450CBC

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7638.1">
<TITLE>Bpsched crashing</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Nb 5.0 mp6 Solaris 9</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We are having an on going issue with bpsch=
ed crashing/stopping. When this happens all the jobs go 150. Sometimes it r=
ecovers and restarts the jobs and other times we have to stop and start the=
 services. Has any one else had this issues and what you did to fix? We hav=
e a open ticket with Symantec and they have recommend some tuning changes, =
which we have done, but it still went down over the weekend. Symantec think=
s it is a resource issue. We have 8 gig of ram in the master server and it =
seems to crash most often about 15 minutes in the main backup window. We wo=
uld have around 200 jobs running, with 800 queued. This has not been an iss=
ue in the past. Any ideas?</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Greg</FONT>=20
</P>

<pre>&gt;&gt;&gt; This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may con=
tain legal, professional or other privileged information, and are intended =
solely for the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not us=
e the information in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify =
the sender. CEG-IP1
</pre></BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6781F.FF450CBC--