Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication NBU 6.0 MP1

2006-05-15 04:31:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication NBU 6.0 MP1
From: d_clooney AT yahoo DOT com (Clooney)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 01:31:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all

Seem to be having an issue with duplication.

The disk staging unit has a low water mark level of 80%. We are trying to keep
as much data on disk as possible with the idea that the disk is kept at an 80%
capacity , when data increases over this point duplication kicks in a fire's
off to tape to bring the DSSU back to 80%.

What is actually happening is that everything on the DSSU is getting duplicated
of to tape. Is there something I am missing?

Appreciated

Dave