Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can this be done?

2006-05-12 14:57:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can this be done?
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:57:25 -0500
* Jeff Lightner <jlightner AT water DOT com> [2006-05-12 12:55]:
> That's not the culture of this list although it is on others I am
> subscribed to.   The downside I've seen to what you propose is that many
> times people do not post the summary so one finds more questions than
> solutions in the archives.

You can already see evidence of gaps in communication.  I have seen
several times where a question is asked, and replies are not posted to
the list, only to find a later reply that _does_ make it to the list.
It makes it confusing when you have someone reply to an email that is
NOT in the existing thread.

Also, it's a lot like thumbing through a book.  You may not necessarily
be looking for a particular answer, but somethingg that someone says in
the process of working though a question may spark an answer to
something completely different for you.  That would never happen if the
thread is divorced from the list.

--
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com