Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What command cleans out DSSU's?

2006-05-12 14:55:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What command cleans out DSSU's?
From: Eric.Hillman AT blackrock DOT com (Hillman, Eric)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:55:27 -0400
------_=_NextPart_001_01C675F5.A243BFC5

We use Disk Staging Storage Units in our Netbackup 5.0 MP5 environment.
When jobs fail for whatever reason, the image files created up to that
point still stay on disk.  At some point, they get removed by Netbackup,
but it's not immediate.  This used to be a huge problem pre mp5.  In
MP5, Veritas added better cleanup processes, but they don't go into
detail as to how it works.  Can someone tell me what process goes
through DSSU's looking for invalid images to remove and when that
process runs?  Also, is it possible to run that process manually at
will?

Thanks in advance for any help!

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT MAY BE PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message and any attachment
notify us immediately by replying to the message and permanently delete it from
your computer and destroy any printout thereof.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C675F5.A243BFC5

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7232.68">
<TITLE>What command cleans out DSSU's?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">We use Disk Staging Storage Units in our Netbackup
5.0 MP5 environment.&nbsp; When jobs fail for whatever reason, the image files
created up to that point still stay on disk.&nbsp; At some point, they get
removed by Netbackup, but it's not immediate.&nbsp; This used to be a huge
problem pre mp5.&nbsp; In MP5, Veritas added better cleanup processes, but they
don't go into detail as to how it works.&nbsp; Can someone tell me what process
goes through DSSU's looking for invalid images to remove and when that process
runs?&nbsp; Also, is it possible to run that process manually at
will?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Thanks in advance for any help!</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML><br>