Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Export and Import NetBackup configuration

2006-05-10 11:11:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Export and Import NetBackup configuration
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:11:32 -0500
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:51:37PM +0100, WEAVER, Simon wrote:

[Re:  recovering NBU catalog to alternate name]

> But in response to another thread, is there a document that
> allows you to recover to an alternative name!

No, there is no document.  It's unsupported, and it's not guaranteed to
work.

> I know its an unsupported method, but I belive there is a way around it....

Yes, there is a way around it, but those of us who have done it haven't
documented it.  It varies from release to release and from platform to
platform.  If we had to do it again, we'd have to figure it out again.

> But im not paying a consultant to do it :-)

Then you're unlikely to be able to do this.  Wait for some future
release when Symantec will support this.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org