Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] High throughput Redhat Media Server - real world experiences?

2006-05-10 06:54:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] High throughput Redhat Media Server - real world experiences?
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:54:21 -0400
Trunking as you refer to it is bonding and typical network speed is
increased not 2x but 1.5x real world performance.  Also, an LTO3 drive
supposedly can do around 80MB/s, so unless you get one of the fastest
PCI-X cards or PCI-E 8X/16X then you may max out the I/O of the
board's interface.

A better idea is more media servers with one or two drives on each one.