Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Inventory failed: Unknown error

2006-05-05 09:27:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Inventory failed: Unknown error
From: Iacaruso.Bob AT bls DOT gov (Iacaruso, Bob - BLS CTR)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:27:07 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C67047.9B248409

> I just started receiving the following errors in attempting to
> inventory my two libraries "Inventory failed:  unknown error --
> -1073741616" or "Inventory failed:  Cannot connect to robotic software
> daemon (42)."  I receive these messages with both libraries (Overland
> Neo 2000 and Adic Scalar 24).  My devices are connect to NetApp filers
> via FC and using NDMP for communication.  The filers see each library
> and tape drive (via sysconfig), "set_ndmp_attr" works fine as well as
> robtest.  The environment has been working for almost a year without
> any problems.  Any ideas on how to resolve? =20
>=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C67047.9B248409

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>Inventory failed:  Unknown error </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I just started receiving the following =
errors in attempting to inventory my two libraries &quot;Inventory =
failed:&nbsp; unknown error -- -1073741616&quot; or &quot;Inventory =
failed:&nbsp; Cannot connect to robotic software daemon =
(42).&quot;&nbsp; I receive these messages with both libraries (Overland =
Neo 2000 and Adic Scalar 24).&nbsp; My devices are connect to NetApp =
filers via FC and using NDMP for communication.&nbsp; The filers see =
each library and tape drive (via sysconfig), &quot;set_ndmp_attr&quot; =
works fine as well as robtest.&nbsp; The environment has been working =
for almost a year without any problems.&nbsp; Any ideas on how to =
resolve?&nbsp; </FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C67047.9B248409--