Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Conflicting Veritas Documentation ? [device drivers]

2006-05-01 00:52:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Conflicting Veritas Documentation ? [device drivers]
From: alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au (Wilkinson, Alex)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:22:07 +0930
Howdy all,

In some Veritas manuals, Veritas recommends that we install NB
Enterprise Server *first* and then the Veritas Tape Driver bundle.
But then in other manuals it says that we should install the Veritas
tape drivers first and then NB.

For example:

        From "Veritas NetBackup 6.0 Media Manager Device Configuration Guide"
pg 94

        Installing Tape Device Drivers on 32 Bit Servers

        When installing NetBackup for the first time, VERITAS recommends that
        you install the device drivers for your storage device after you
        install NetBackup software and before you configure NetBackup."

Then in other manual it says:

        "Preparing the Environment
         - connect storage peripherals and install appropriate drivers prior to
         the installation of Netbackup...."

Is there a "best practices" in respect to the order ?

 -aW