Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Microsoft Exchange Backups ... [recommendations please]

2006-04-30 09:58:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Microsoft Exchange Backups ... [recommendations please]
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:58:34 -0500
On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 04:23:38PM +0930, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Is there any reason whatsoever why Full+Incremental backups of Microsoft
> Exchange are risky ? Our mail team is very dubious about moving to a
> Full+Incremental backup paradigm for Exchange.
>
> What do others do ? Is there a "best practices" way of doing it ?

We used to do store-based backups but recently switched to
full+incremental.  Our Exchange admins did some testing and they're
perfectly happy - in fact, they're far happier doing the incrementals
during the weekdays than getting their servers beat up by the fulls.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org