Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Some findings with NetBackup 5.1 and 6.0 (bprecover not working)?

2006-04-27 08:33:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Some findings with NetBackup 5.1 and 6.0 (bprecover not working)?
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:33:30 -0400
My questions and what I found out:

Can I revert from 6.0MPx to 5.1MP4 via a catalog backup? No, the
restore puts the actual EMM stuff back and does not "down covert it"
back to the 5.1 format.

After I installed 5.1MP4 again from scratch and ran ./bprecover -l
dpath /path/catalog, it "appeared" to recover my catalog, I restarted
services in NB6.0 and nothing happened.

Apparently, one must run the nbpushdata after a bprecover? Trying this now.

Justin.