Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 12:30:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:30:04 +0100
Which then ties up media. You could have 1 file from a backup you assume
to be retention of 1 week but as there is a file from a policy with a
higher retention the tape has to honor that higher retention.This will
only happen if you are mixing retentions on media ( off by default).
This then means people who use the same tape pool are going to have tons
of tapes around.

Cheers