Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]

2006-04-26 01:45:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pools [recommendations please]
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:45:53 +0100
Alex
Each to their own at the end of the day. What I have done in the past and
present is:

1) Netbackup Pool is for the netbackup catalog tapes (currently 2 live in
there).
2) Each Policy has its own Volume Pool
3) Easier to manage tapes (ie: Only tapes in a specified pool will contain
data for the end client. Having all tapes in one pool, with all clients
using them means that possibly tape retention and expiry of tapes could be
an issue.

Example:

Client1 Policy has a Volume pool called Client1_Full and Client1_Incr

And so on....
HTH

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net