Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] upgrade to nbu 6.0

2006-04-11 14:18:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] upgrade to nbu 6.0
From: perf AT peppas DOT gr (Jim Peppas)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:18:08 +0300
Hi All,

I would :
0. Run a catalog backup
1. Upgrade my NBU installation to 4.5, then to 5.0 MP4 or 5.1MP2 (see
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275107.htm )
2. run a catalog backup again on a new tape.
3. Install Solaris 10
4. Install Netback
5. Recover catalog.
6. Upgrade to 6.0

That way you will keep your policies and backups and also be at the latest
level

But be sure to read all the release notes.
Regards,
Jim