Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Odd Problem with Exclusion List on Master

2006-04-07 10:11:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Odd Problem with Exclusion List on Master
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:11:15 -0400
I ran into something odd this morning on my NBU Master Server.

We run disk staging backups, so I have a mapped drive on the Master that
is the staging volume, drive F.  In the client properties for my Master,
I have an Exclusion List Entry F:\.  What I found this morning is that
my Master was trying to backup the F: drive to itself.

Why is the exclusion list being overridden?  It's set to apply to <<All
Policies>> and <<All Schedules>>.  Should it be applied to particular
Policies/Schedules?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks