Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 maximum block size of 65536 bytes; a buffer size of 262144 cannot be used

2006-04-06 02:21:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 maximum block size of 65536 bytes; a buffer size of 262144 cannot be used
From: alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au (Wilkinson, Alex)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 15:51:20 +0930
    0n Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 02:18:29PM -0600, Scott Jacobson wrote:

    >Simrat,
    >
    >I've seen many discussions in this forum about using 262144 for a buffer
sizes on Windows, and most of those discussions talk about it not being
recommend or successful based on Windows TCP/IP Stack size limitation.  Others
have indicated they have been able to get buffers sizes like this to work if
your able "tweek" SCSI card parameters or registry settings as you've mentioned.

    >Based on your error message, I'd say the registry may have changed, but
again, your fighting a fixed block size between the device and OS IP Stack
communications that changes it back to 64K.

    >I've also read here that there is a unsupported Windows OS parameter
change that can be made as well, but again, I don't recall from anyone in this
forum indicating they've been able to make it work successfully.

    >I abandoned my effort two years ago to get this to work and now use Linux
Media and Master servers to resolve this issue.

Why does using linux as a media server help ?
Are you using sysctl(1) to change TCP/IP stack parameters ?

 -aW