Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] command-line way to get vol_id from filespec and date range?

2006-03-29 14:42:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] command-line way to get vol_id from filespec and date range?
From: austin.murphy AT gmail DOT com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:42:15 -0500
If you have the Date Range and Client name, try this:

  bpmedialist -media -U -d mm/dd/yy -e mm/dd/yy -client <Client Name>

Foreach media id returned, lookup the images on it:

  bpimmedia -L -media <media ID>

It's funny you mention this, because I would like to know how to get
the list of files in a backup image.  I usually end up loading too
many tapes for a restore.

Austin