Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP2 has been released

2006-03-29 10:30:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP2 has been released
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:30:47 -0600
Just to follow up, I wanted to point out that the
patch README does attempt to explain the meaning
of the "workaround" text, in the introduction of
the "problems fixed" section:

  VI. DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEMS FIXED
  =================================
  The following are descriptions of the problems fixed.
  Please read the entire document before installing.

  README Conventions:

  Description
    Describes a particular problem contained in this pack.

  ** Description **
    Describes a problem that can lead to potential data loss. Please
    read these problem descriptions carefully.

  Workaround
    Any available workarounds to a problem are also listed. Workarounds can be
    used INSTEAD of applying the patch, however, Symantec strongly recommends

BOTTOM LINE:  if you install the patch, you shouldn't have to
worry about the workaround.

HTH
rob

On Tue, 28 Mar 2004, it was said that...