Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP1 and BMR

2006-03-24 15:42:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP1 and BMR
From: mikekiles AT yahoo DOT com (mkiles)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:42:18 -0800 (PST)
I have a simple NetBackup 6.0 setup with Windows and
Solaris servers. Master is Solaris 10. Most of them
are in the same segment. I want to set up and test BMR
for 2 Solaris machines and 1 windows 2003 server(they
are in the same subnet as my master).

Do you have a simple one or two page procedure to do
it?
Basically I am looking for what software goes on where
and the sequence?
Secondly how to configure BMR, high level instructions
will do.
Thirdly, any gotchas?

BTW I can make my master the boot server also, i have
options, as I also have another spare server (Soalris
10) on the same subnet. Best practices?

Thanks and have a great weekend.

MK