Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Seeking advise to convert Windows to Linux Master server

2006-03-23 23:08:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Seeking advise to convert Windows to Linux Master server
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:08:20 -0600
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:10:30PM -0500, STEVEN WINEMAN wrote:
> Anyone converted a Windows master server to a Linux master server? I am
> running NBU 5.1 MP3.

We did a migration from Windows to Solaris back in 3.4.  It's definitely
not supported and non-trivial.  Unless you really, really want to do
this and are good at reverse engineering file formats and doing edits of
binary files, don't even think about attempting this.

> What is the best way to accomplish this task as bprecover does not
> support dissimilar platform recoveries.

Your best bet is to contact Symantec Professional Services or wait until
one of these years NetBackup supports a cross-platform migration (or
even a renaming of a master server!).

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA