Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] on the subject of disk based backups....

2006-03-23 15:25:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] on the subject of disk based backups....
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:25:22 -0600
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 07:33:38PM +0000, william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com wrote:
> I think this is due to be changed in an upcoming MP for NBU 6....to allow
> multiple streams off one DSSU.   I'm sure I heard they were doing
> something about that.

What you might have heard is simultaneous destages from a single DSSU.
That's also in 5.1MP4 - by default, NetBackup will schedule 4
simultaneous jobs of 25GB each.  Frankly, the defaults suck for people
upgrading from an earlier release - it's a good way to fill your DSSUs
and watch your jobs fail with error 84s, especially if you don't have a
lot of idle tape drives.

All of the streams from a single DSSU still go to the same volume pool.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org