Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Weird restore problem

2006-03-22 09:41:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Weird restore problem
From: Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:41:02 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C64DBE.A4460AC8

Nb5.0mp6 Solaris 9

I ran a special backup of a server (UNIX Solaris 9 file system) for a
test. Backup was successful. But when I try and restore the data to the
same server but different mount point the restore job just sits there
saying it needs tape xxxx. But that tape is in the robot. But its like
netbackup is not seeing that. No tape mount request either.

Any thoughts?

> Greg
>=20
>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal, pr=
ofessional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the=
 addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the informat=
ion in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CE=
G-IP1

------_=_NextPart_001_01C64DBE.A4460AC8

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7638.1">
<TITLE>Weird restore problem</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Nb5.0mp6 Solaris 9</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I ran a special backup of a server (UNIX S=
olaris 9 file system) for a test. Backup was successful. But when I try and=
 restore the data to the same server but different mount point the restore =
job just sits there saying it needs tape xxxx. But that tape is in the robo=
t=2E But its like netbackup is not seeing that. No tape mount request eithe=
r=2E</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any thoughts?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Greg</FONT>
</P>

<pre>&gt;&gt;&gt; This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may con=
tain legal, professional or other privileged information, and are intended =
solely for the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not us=
e the information in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify =
the sender. CEG-IP1
</pre></BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C64DBE.A4460AC8--