Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup for solaris: determining how many client licenses there are ?

2006-03-21 07:50:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup for solaris: determining how many client licenses there are ?
From: tomvo AT absi DOT be (tomvo AT absi DOT be)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:50:58 +0100
Hi,

We have a Netbackup server running on solaris backing up several windows
and unix machines.
Our customer wants to know how many clients can backup to the server, but
from the information I get from the 'bpminlicense -list_keys -verbose'
output, it's very hard to determine this.

for example, one of the license keys lists this:

file version    = 0x07050000
  time added      = 0x40555141 Thu Apr  8 15:18:57 2004
  hostname        = sunbkup
  product ID      = 6 NetBackup DataCenter
  serial number   = 444570
  key version     = 0x00000001
  count           = 0
  server platform = 0 Any platform
  client platform = 2 Any Windows platform
  server tier     = 5 NetBackup Server
  client tier     = 0 No tier
  license type    = 1 Permanent
  Site ID         = 600 Unknown site: 600
  Feature ID      = 63 5.0 key bit +
  Feature ID      = 22 Additional clients +

What does this tell me with respect to how many client licenses I have ? I
read somewhere that I need to check the license documents to see this, but
surely there must be a way to do it via the command line ?

This is the contents of the version file:
NetBackup-Solaris2.6 4.5MP6

regards,
Tom.