Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Lost media server's tapes after media server upgrade.

2006-03-16 06:38:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Lost media server's tapes after media server upgrade.
From: andrew.x.smith AT jpmchase DOT com (andrew.x.smith AT jpmchase DOT com)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:38:21 +0000
--=_alternative 003FF0A380257133_=

Oh dear, thats a nasty problem! Firstly do you have a good catalog backup
that included the said media server from before the upgrade? If yes, go an
write protect this tape NOW in case you need it to recover (before it gets
overwritten with data from ur upgraded media server)

Ok the problem, firstly when you say you upgraded a media server it sounds
a bit like what u mean is, we threw away an old server and put in a new
one with the same name?? It that about right? If thats the case you need
to recover the media database from your old server to your new one, either
do a bprecover or if you still have your old server copying over the
/usr/openv/volmgr/database folder should do the job I think.

Good luck, and beware overwriting your newly UNassigned tapes!

        cheers Andy.

We have ran into a problem with the media. After the media server upgrades
the tapes arent listed as assigned to the newly build media server.  Only
tapes assigned are ones since the rebuild.

When you rebuild multiple media servers, are or aren't the tapes supposed
t=
be "assigned" to the media server after an upgrade?

Thanks,

Justin.
--=_alternative 003FF0A380257133_=

you have a good catalog backup that included the said media server from before
the upgrade? If yes, go an write protect this tape NOW in case you need it to
recover (before it gets overwritten with data from ur upgraded media
server)</font>
upgraded a media server it sounds a bit like what u mean is, we threw away an
old server and put in a new one with the same name?? It that about right? If
thats the case you need to recover the media database from your old server to
your new one, either do a bprecover or if you still have your old server
copying over the /usr/openv/volmgr/database folder should do the job I
think.</font>
UNassigned tapes!</font>
Andy.</font>
After the media server upgrades</font>
newly build media server. &nbsp;Only</font>
rebuild.</font>
or aren't the tapes supposed t=</font>
after an upgrade?</font>
--=_alternative 003FF0A380257133_=--