Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] only temorarily de-commissioning a mediaserver

2006-03-14 12:21:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] only temorarily de-commissioning a mediaserver
From: john.nardello AT wamu DOT net (Nardello, John)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:21:19 -0800
If you're planning on leaving the daemons up on the temp. decommissioned
media server anyway, why not just set the max concurrent jobs for each
of its STUs to 0, run "bpschedreq -read_stunits" and "bpschedreq
-read_stu_config", and be done with it ?

No bounces required, no policy modifications, and no new jobs will be
sent to those STUs until you want them to. You also won't have any SSO
communication issues like if you shutdown some of the daemons.

- John Nardello