Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup and VXSS

2006-03-14 11:27:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and VXSS
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:27:39 -0500
>From what I saw testing, I'd like to have NOM, but I won't install it on
any media or master server.  I don't know that there is an issue with
having Auth Broker + Root Broker on the same box.  As for security
concerns, the way I tested it, it had no privileges outside of the NBU +
VxSS environment that I could see.  But all the java of NOM
significantly slowed a Win 2K box, and it was also a flaky service.  But
that could have been the age of the box, I realize.  But, to be on the
safe side, I'm waiting to check it on another box.

Jason