Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Disk Tuning

2006-03-14 06:28:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Disk Tuning
From: d_clooney AT yahoo DOT com (Clooney)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 03:28:04 -0800 (PST)
Simon

Not extensively in my opinion , currently running :

Mater server >
2 jobs active to tape ,
2 Q'ed ( spitting out 134's ) until either active job completes

Four drives available on master server , only two used , max jobs set correctly
on both storage unit, global attributes and client

Drives aren't down and tapes not stuck either , alternate drives used however
only 2 at a time and Q'ed jobs give 134's until 1 out of two jobs complete.

Cant figure the 134's and why 2/4 drives are only being used ,

Media server >
7 jobs to disk > running fine mount on media server.
1 duplication >  job running fine to directly attached tape
1 duplication > mounts tape and then hangs on reading > using master server's
storage unit as mentioned above.

Cannot fatham , why only two dives being used and 134's.

Regards

David