Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup and VXSS

2006-03-13 13:33:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and VXSS
From: john.nardello AT wamu DOT net (Nardello, John)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:33:30 -0800
 Tried it at version 5.1MP3. Eventually got a note from Symantec saying
that they were giving up implementing it in our environment.

It produced a quite noticeable amount of lag accessing the GUIs, and
since they weren't able to get AD to work here it would've required
managing 60-odd users' permissions on each of our ~30 masters. Most of
the problems are apparently slated to be fixed in NetBackup 6.5.

For us anyway, it wasn't worth the headache or the time wasted. I'll
also say I haven't seen anyone yet post to the list that they're using
it and it works. =) YMMV of course.

- John Nardello