Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Barcode Scanning

2006-03-13 11:31:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Barcode Scanning
From: austin.murphy AT gmail DOT com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:31:31 -0500
I use a $60 barcode reader hooked up through the keyboard port.   We
use the Vault option and Iron Mountain w/ Containers.   Vaulting puts
the tapes into a different volume group.  The scanner makes the
process of putting tapes into containers more accurate.

If you don't want to buy the Vault Option, you can just make a Volume
Group for each location and logically move the tapes from one group to
another as they physically move from one location to another.   A
barcode scanner would be very helpful here, as would a little
intelligent scripting.

Austin