Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] novell as media server usin ndmp

2006-03-08 12:57:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] novell as media server usin ndmp
From: Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov (Robin Small)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:57:17 -0800
We're running it on about 7 different netware servers (4 on a netware
cluster, and the others as remote location/offices)

Restores are a minor pita, and I've only restored from a NDMP media
server to a NDMP media server (they can be different, just have to be
media servers, not standard nw clients)

We're using 6.x for it (but there's not a whole lot of difference
between the 6x version and the 5x version).

we don't have any SSO/shared drives running.

>>> "Bob Stump" <stumpb AT michigan DOT gov> 03/08/06 7:50 AM >>>
I know that Novell Netware CAN be a media server using ndmp.
....At least there is a sysadmin guide :- )

Who is doing backups AND restores successfully using this purchasable
option with NetBackup 5.x?
And is anyone sharing ndmp drives with Netbackup 6.x?