Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bparchive

2006-03-08 08:45:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bparchive
From: shazari AT gmail DOT com (Shyam Hazari)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 08:45:49 -0500
------=_Part_20004_20518813.1141825549544

I am planning to archive some of the old files on my unix servers( user
related files). I already generated the file list and kept it in a file. My
intention is to backup first(bpbackup), next use bparchive to archive the
files. But after reading the following technote, I am little concerned. Now
the questions is, How safe is bparchive ? Anyone used bparchive recently ?

This is the technote I was referring to. The technote talks about archiving
directories, but in my case I am arching individual files.

Let me know

TIA

-Shyam

------=_Part_20004_20518813.1141825549544

r related files). I already generated the file list and kept it in a file. =
My intention is to backup first(bpbackup), next use bparchive to archive th=
e files. But after reading the following technote, I am little concerned. N=
ow the questions is, How safe is bparchive ? Anyone used bparchive recently=
 ?
iving directories, but in my case I am arching individual files.</div>
r.support.veritas.com/docs/281323.htm</a></div>

------=_Part_20004_20518813.1141825549544--