Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] should you move live media to a new pool - thoughtit woudl fail

2006-03-06 13:19:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] should you move live media to a new pool - thoughtit woudl fail
From: mambrose AT qualcomm DOT com (Ambrose, Monte)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:19:48 -0800
Actually

You can completely move a media to a new pool.  You would need to
involve VERITAS tech support or consulting since the mediaDB entry must
be deleted and the only way to add it back is to use engineering tools
that tech support and consulting will not give out (NBCC - NetBackup
Catalog Check and mediadbadd).   VERITAS consulting has a great service
that will use NBCC to validate all of your catalogs, do any moves and
clean up any inconsistencies.

As mentioned before you would also need to unassign the media, move to a
new pool and then reassign the media.

Monte