Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 5.1 MP4 to 6.0 Upgrade failure

2006-03-02 14:44:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 5.1 MP4 to 6.0 Upgrade failure
From: papajones1998 AT yahoo DOT com (Thomas Jones)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:44:50 -0800 (PST)
--0-755800440-1141328690=:86695

Resending, not sure if it went out the first time (PC hiccup...more like a big
obnoxious belch).

  Problem:

  The pkgrm went fine, told it was an upgrade process, when it came for  the
licenese keys to get read/input, it Segment faulted (see below):

  Installing NB-Java.
  + /bin/cp /.nbj.conf /usr/openv/java

  ERROR: No valid license key for NetBackup Enterprise Server or NetBackup
Server.

  Segmentation Fault - core dumped
  Segmentation Fault - core dumped
  NetBackup Enterprise Server is the active NetBackup
  Do you want to continue with the installation
  with the current active NetBackup license key? [y,n] (y)
  It fails if I say yes.  It fails if I say no, and try the old license keys.
It fails if I try the new license keys.

  The master/media server is a domain on an Sun 15K running Solaris 8.  The
patches in the Release notes are already present.

  Any help is greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail
--0-755800440-1141328690=:86695

Resending, not sure if it went out the first time (PC hiccup...more like a big
was an upgrade process, when it came for  the licenese keys to get read/input,
/bin/cp /.nbj.conf /usr/openv/java<br>  <br>  ERROR: No valid license key for
NetBackup Enterprise Server or NetBackup Server.<br>  <br>  Segmentation Fault
- core dumped<br>  Segmentation Fault - core dumped<br>  NetBackup Enterprise
Server is the active NetBackup<br>  Do you want to continue with the
installation<br>  with the current active NetBackup license key? [y,n] (y)<br>
...<br>  It fails if I say yes.&nbsp; It fails if I say no, and try the old
license keys.&nbsp; It fails if I try the new license keys.<br>  <br>  The
master/media server is a domain on an Sun 15K running Solaris 8.&nbsp; The
patches in the Release notes are already present.<br>  <br>  Any help is
 greatly appreciated.<p>
                <hr size=1>Yahoo! Mail<br>
Bring photos to life! <a
href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com";>New