Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Resolved: No available tapes

2006-03-01 20:43:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Resolved: No available tapes
From: leleputra AT yahoo DOT com (Yoseph Leleputra)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:43:29 -0800 (PST)
--0-1888378811-1141263809=:63190

To avoid this case happen again
  running /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media
  And you will now media status at your library .

  Joe

Geoff Hazel <geoff_hazel AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
    Thanks for everyone who responded.

  I did some digging and found that we are using two retention levels for our
backups, and the fact that NBU doesn't mix retention levels completely explains
why we get some backups fail with 96 errors, but others before and after
complete with no problems.  We have a small library, and will need to do more
work in the future to be sure there are available tapes for all the classes.

---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Mail

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Mail
--0-1888378811-1141263809=:63190

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media </div>  <div>And you will now
<BR><BR><B><I>Geoff Hazel &lt;geoff_hazel AT yahoo DOT com&gt;</I></B>
wrote:</div>  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT:
5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">  <DIV>Thanks for everyone who
responded.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>I did some digging and found that we
are using two retention levels for our backups, and the fact that NBU doesn't
mix retention levels completely explains why we get some backups fail with 96
errors, but others before and after complete with no problems.&nbsp; We have a
small library, and will need to do more work in the future to be sure there are
available tapes for all the classes.</DIV>  <div>  <HR SIZE=1>  Yahoo!
Mail<BR>Bring photos to life! <A

href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39174/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com";>New
 PhotoMail </A>makes sharing a breeze. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p>
                <hr size=1> Yahoo! Mail<br>
<a
href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38867/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com";>Use
 Photomail</a> to share photos without annoying attachments.
--0-1888378811-1141263809=:63190--