Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0MP1, Exchange 2K3 on Win2K3

2006-03-01 11:33:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0MP1, Exchange 2K3 on Win2K3
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:33:24 -0500
All,
        We are testing Exchange Backups for NBU 6 today.  I was able to
successfully backup the information store, but I can't get the Mailboxes
or Public Folders to backup.

        Config Information:

        Policy:
        Type - MS-Exchange-Server
        Storage Unit - tape unit
        Volume Pool - Exchange
        Schedule - two defined
                Full
                Incremental
        Clients - Exchange Server
        Backup Selections -
                NEW_STREAM
                Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\
                NEW_STREAM
                Microsoft Exchange Public Folders:\

With this default, the backup returned a 71 - none of the files in the
file list exist(71)

So, to try and hone down the problem, I played a bit.

First, tried specifying a particular Public Folder.  Gave up.

Went to Mailboxes.  Tried Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[b]*.  Tried
Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\[broo]*.  Both of these returned a 69 -
invalid filelist specification(69).

Anyone have any suggestions?  The setup of this followed the NetBackup
for Microsoft Exchange Server System Administrator's Guide.  The only
place I can think there may be a resolution is here (Admin Guide, pages
20 & 21):

        3.  Right-click on the virtual server name and select
Properties.
        4.  Click on the Security tab.
        5.  Select the NetBackup Client service account under the Name
pane.
        6.  Under Permissions, select Receive As and Send As.

When we set the Receive As and Send As permissions for the NBU Client
service account, the Deny rule was also in place as an inheritance.  I
have yet to figure from where it was inherited or how to deactivate it.

Is this a likely source of the issue?  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer