Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client Files

2006-02-17 09:27:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client Files
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:27:02 -0500
While I was out of the office for a few days, an issue arose that may be
NBU related.  That is what I am trying to determine.

On several Windows servers, one of my colleagues saw files in the root
of C: with a name similar to _vxfiVspCacheFile_0.tmp, *CacheFile_1.tmp,
etc.  These files are quite large, around 10-15 GB on the server I have
checked.

Being Windows, I have no easy way to even start looking at the file -
more won't do it.  My colleague's hunch was that NBU was doing some sort
of prestaging.  Does NBU do prestaging of backups on the client?
Anywhere to verify anything with regard to NBU?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer