Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] using vlt_end_notify to send tapes offsite via ftp

2006-02-07 10:46:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] using vlt_end_notify to send tapes offsite via ftp
From: JLaurie AT csu DOT org (JLaurie AT csu DOT org)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:46:17 -0700
--=_alternative 0056A2928725710E_=

I have been using the vlt_end_notify script to send vault duplicated tapes
offsite via ftp -- worked just fine.

After upgrading from ver 4.5 FP6 to ver 5.1 MP4 a couple of weeks ago, the
ftp part of the script no longer works.
The process is to create a .netrc file containing the ftp site username
and password and the file to put.

The error I get is:  ftp: tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device  --
basically no STDIN

At the same time as the upgrade I took the opportunity to patch my Solaris
9 master with the latest Sun recommended patches (Jan 06 -
Generic_118558-21  ).

Unfortunately, I don't know if it's the Solaris patches or the NetBackup
upgrade that has caused the problem.

Sun Support has been no help in this matter. Has anyone encountered this
problem and found a solution?

Thanx for reading my message!
     James E (Jim) Laurie
     719 668-4188
--=_alternative 0056A2928725710E_=

script to send vault duplicated tapes offsite via ftp -- worked just
fine.</font>
ver 5.1 MP4 a couple of weeks ago, the ftp part of the script no longer
works.</font>
containing the ftp site username and password and the file to put.</font>
Inappropriate ioctl for device &nbsp;-- basically no STDIN</font>
the opportunity to patch my Solaris 9 master with the latest Sun recommended
patches (Jan 06 - &nbsp; Generic_118558-21 &nbsp;).</font>
the Solaris patches or the NetBackup upgrade that has caused the problem.</font>
matter. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?</font>
Thanx for reading my message!<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; James E (Jim) Laurie<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; 719 668-4188</font>
--=_alternative 0056A2928725710E_=--