Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Need some clarification on moving a Master to a more powerful system..

2006-02-06 09:42:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Need some clarification on moving a Master to a more powerful system..
From: jdespres AT csc DOT com (Joseph Despres)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:42:15 -0500
--=_alternative 0050D0F08525710D_=

Hey All......

I need some clarification on moving Netbackup 4.5 fp9 from a 220r to a
440r.....

Note:  Hostname and IP will stay the same....

Can I configure Netbackup on the new system with a temp hostname/IP.  Then
when the time comes
rename the new system with the current hostname/IP.  And perform a
bprecover to recover the catalog info.....

Do I need to install Netbackup after the new box has been changed
hostname/ip wise to the current info?

Thanks....

Joe Despres...........
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--=_alternative 0050D0F08525710D_=

Netbackup 4.5 fp9 from a 220r to a 440r.....</font>
the same....</font>
system with a temp hostname/IP. &nbsp;Then when the time comes</font>
hostname/IP. &nbsp;And perform a bprecover to recover the catalog
info.....</font>
the new box has been changed hostname/ip wise to the current info?</font>
for such purpose.<br>
--=_alternative 0050D0F08525710D_=--