Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Licensing Question

2006-02-02 08:25:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Licensing Question
From: harry.tirrell AT glasshouse DOT com (Harry Tirrell)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:25:36 -0500
This is a question I have come across many times with my customers, and I can
not find a documented answer,

The customer has 100 client licenses and 100 clients, the customer decides to
decommission 1 of those clients, and wants to reuse the client license.  If the
customer deletes all references to that client from the configuration, but puts
an infinite retention time on the last full backup of the client.  Will the
catalog entries for that last backup be deleted, or will they remain in the DB
for recovery to an alternate client.