Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to change NetBackup's TMP directory?

2006-02-02 06:08:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to change NetBackup's TMP directory?
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 06:08:01 -0500
------=_Part_7670_22301031.1138878481969

During restores with millions of files, NetBackup saves the restore status
to:

1) /tmp/bplog.rest.001
2) /tmp/bplog.rest.002

In which the current (or newest) bplog.rest file is 002, which continually
grows, showing the status as each of the millions of files are restored to
the server.  This file as you can imagine will grow indefinitely with
millions of files until the restoration is completed.

Is there a way to re-direct NetBackup's bplog restore status to log to a
partition OTHER THAN /tmp?

NOTE: I am not using the NetBackup Advanced Client, the restore simply span=
multiple weeks of data, which is why there are so many files.

Thanks,

------=_Part_7670_22301031.1138878481969

atus to:</div>
ally grows, showing the status as each of the millions of files are restore=
d to the server.&nbsp; This file as you can imagine will grow indefinitely =
with millions of files until the restoration is completed.=20
 a partition OTHER THAN /tmp?</div>
 spans multiple weeks of data, which is why there are so many files.</div>

------=_Part_7670_22301031.1138878481969--