Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Policy Best Practices

2006-02-01 08:53:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Policy Best Practices
From: JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:53:40 -0500
I'm looking for some policy best practices / what is everyone doing to
configure them?

Do you create one policy per machine group (Database Servers, Web
Servers etc..)  or group them by type?  Do you create one policy per
type of backup (Nightly INC, Weekly Full) and put all your servers under
them?

Also, if I have a weekly full set to 3 month retention and a Monthly
Full set to 1 year retention in the same policy, and the weekly and
month end both fall in the same range will it make two full backups?
How about if they were in different policies?

Thanks as always!

-Jonathan