Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetApp/NAS - Backups

2006-01-31 17:45:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetApp/NAS - Backups
From: andersom68 AT yahoo DOT com (Michael Anderson)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:45:49 -0800 (PST)
This is in the compatability list:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_DataCenter/251713.pdf

You will notice that for the EMC product line it says
support for SSO, which lacks in the NetApp line.

The issue is that NetApp doesn't support SCSI
Reserve/Release.  They use persistent bindings so you
have to dedicated drives to filers.  The word on the
street is that it should be supported in the next
version of DOT 7.2 or .3 which is to be released in
the August timeframe.

It is funny how EMC and OnStor do support SSO with
NetBackup but not NetApp.  This has been a frustrating
sticking point for me too.