Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restricting tapes to a single stream

2006-01-31 11:08:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restricting tapes to a single stream
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT org (Tim Hoke)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:08:14 -0600
Well, there's no setting of this kind, so you'll need other
workarounds...

As you mentioned, single stream backup.  Not very desirable, so that's
out.

The only other item I can think of is to suspend the tapes which were
used when each stream is done.  This will prevent any subsequent
backups from selecting it again.  You'd have to script this and I'm
sure someone has an example you could work from.  Essentially, this is
a backup exit script which will determine the tape which was used, then
issue a bpmedia -suspend command.Î

HTH.
-Tim