Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup List

2006-01-28 16:48:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup List
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:48:15 -0600
On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 12:24:45PM -0500, William wrote:
> I am writing a report for both TSM and NBU. I can get the report as below
> easily with SQL in TSM,but don't have a clue in NBU. Can anybody shed some
> light? Thanks in advance.
>
> Server_NAME PLATFORM_NAME CLIENT_VERSION FILESPACE_NAME BACKUP_START
> BACKUP_END

There really isn't a good way of getting this information, especially
historically.  Many of us have purchased Aptare's StorageConsole to get
this type of information.

Getting a client version in NetBackup is *hard*.  Veritas really, really
screwed up this and there is no consistent easy way of getting the
version for all clients.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA