Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Request for feedback on NetBackup 6.0 MP1

2006-01-25 18:35:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Request for feedback on NetBackup 6.0 MP1
From: william.d.brown AT GSK DOT COM (william.d.brown AT GSK DOT COM)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:35:01 +0000
You don't mention the server platform, but we've been warned (and found)
that our Solaris servers need to be up to date on Kernel patches to avoid
problems, just going to 5.1.  I realise 6.0 is very different, but I
suggest that at least if you use Solaris it is likely to still be true.

William D L Brown

"Steve Quan" <sq01 AT yorku DOT ca>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
25-Jan-2006 19:50

"Tarik El Mansouri" <etarik AT yahoo DOT com>
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Request for feedback on NetBackup 6.0 MP1

We're in the process of moving from our 4.5FP8 system to 6.0MP1
(everythin new). The major problem we're seeing, are ERROR 41's as
we start "loading up" the media servers. These would occur in
batches and appear on the more heavily loaded media server.

Any 6.0 environments out there experiencing the same ?

/Steve
---
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Tarik El Mansouri wrote:

>  All,
>
> Has anyone already upgraded its NetBackup solution from 5.1 MP3 to 6.0
MP1 ?