Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] anyone using Sun/Qlogic HBAs and LTO2/3 tapes?

2006-01-25 10:19:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] anyone using Sun/Qlogic HBAs and LTO2/3 tapes?
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:19:02 +0000
Yes, though there is almost nothing you can tune.  Search on the internet
for the document entitled "San Foundation Suite Tunables".

We have also found that our library vendor does not actually support using
the qlc driver with their libraries, as it does not comply with the
fibre-channel standards (their words).

I have to admit from what I can see there is no provision to do things
like use ADISC in place of PLOGI, for adjust timeouts.  The driver is
really designed for disk, not tape.   I reckon it highly likely to get
problems in SSO environments.

William D L Brown