Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] win2k DC restoration

2006-01-24 10:01:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] win2k DC restoration
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:01:40 -0600
--=_alternative 00528D0686257100_=

Hi,

I'm doing to DR testing. I have a unix master and i'd like to restore the
BMR boot/win2k domain controller.

In past versions of windows, I have installed windows to c:\winnt.dr and
then restored the server and set the boot.ini to boot from c:\winnt

With win2k, i can restore the system state, so if i want to restore my
domain controller, can i install windows to winnt and then restore the c:
and system state to get the server back?

Karl

--=_alternative 00528D0686257100_=

master and i'd like to restore the BMR boot/win2k domain controller.</font>
installed windows to c:\winnt.dr and then restored the server and set the
boot.ini to boot from c:\winnt</font>
state, so if i want to restore my domain controller, can i install windows
to winnt and then restore the c: and system state to get the server back?</font>
--=_alternative 00528D0686257100_=--