Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath ( UPDATE)

2006-01-19 04:59:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath ( UPDATE)
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:59:14 +0000
Well at a guess I would re-apply the Emulex driver to the HBAs.  Go into
device manager, right click on the HBA, and ask to Update Driver.   If you
tell it to look in /windows/system32 for the driver it may find it,
without you needing the CD.   Excuse me being a bit vague, I have not
tried it.  You can also check if you look at the Driver Details tab just
which files & driver it is using, I guess you will see it using
hbaapi.dll.  At least you will be able to see if you succeed in changing
it.

William D L Brown

ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
18-Jan-2006 15:56

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Blocksize problem after upgrading EMC powerpath ( UPDATE)

Hello All

I have now by trial and error figured out that it wasn't EMC powerpath,
but
Windows 2003 SP1 which puts a microsoft hbaapi.dll into system32 in place
of
the emulex one.

At the moment there's hbaapi.dll (from microsoft, 64Kb limit) and
emulexhbaapi.dll (at least 256kb) in system32 on the servers in question.

Now I just need to figure how to get the tape drivers to use the
emulexhbaapi.dll, any ideas ?

Regards
Michael

--